nwGIS is a real-time GIS viewer built upon the Natural Worlds library.
· Complete spherical planets
· Real-time flythrough on PC workstations (more than 30 frames per second)
· Huge data sets, up to 10Gig worth of uncompressed data can be viewed
without swapping from disk
· Seamless fly around the whole planet, then zooming in to meter sized
pixels and majestic 3d mountains
· Ecotope modelling for the creation of stunning natural scenery close
· Read and display ESRI .shp files, points, lines and polygons.
· Import BIL files with any number of bands
· Assigns bands to colour channels, applies colour correction (process
is compatible with reading ERMapper algorithm files)
· Manages compression levels and final database size.
· Loads and displays 8 bit, 16 bit or floating point elevation data
· Allows editing of planet information, including spheroid shape and radius
· Saves 3d hardware optimised compressed data sets.
· Features a separate viewer that can only read and display compressed
data sets. Ideal to distribute freely to anyone wishing to view data sets.
· Works on standard desktop or laptop PC's.
· 64 Meg of RAM
· Pentium 3 processor
· Nvidia Geforce 256 class or above (32 Meg) graphics accelerator